Local Luthier in Michigan?

Post here to make contact with luthiers in your area.
Revuaf

Local Luthier in Michigan?

Post by Revuaf »

I was searching for local Luthier schools, Pros and such... I found one... Bryan Galloup Guitar School Michigan. I checked out his web site and WOW....
Way out of my leauge. I sure it is a very fine school and I'm guess one of the best out there. But, for a hobby guitar builder whatabe.... too deep for my pockets. I'm just a poor FireFighter/EMT/Dispatcher... Great Gig to be in. But, I'm not going to retire a millionaire....
Is there or has anybody run accross any other Luthiers in Michigan that teach hobbiest?
Out of State class like Blue Creek and others would be great too... But travel, expences and I do not have that much Vacation time... 8 years from now...? YES
David L

Re: Local Luthier in Michigan?

Post by David L »

When you find an inexpensive guitar building school let me in on it. I would love to take a class but like you my wallet is too skinny. If I had the cashola my first choice would be John (Blues Creek) but again the travel expenses, room & board, etc... makes it undoable for me.

David L
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Your answer (mine was) is on this page - - - go look at Custom Pearl Inlay's web site and look up the building classes. Folks are in upstate New York, about an hour from Ottawa and and hour from Montreal. A drive from Michigan can be one long day or two short days on the road. Nice B&B in Malone to put you up at a very reasonable price. I'd do it again tomorrow. And the guitar I came home with is a joy to play and listen to.
peter havriluk

Post by   »

phavriluk wrote:Your answer (mine was) is on this page - - - go look at Custom Pearl Inlay's web site and look up the building classes. Folks are in upstate New York, about an hour from Ottawa and and hour from Montreal. A drive from Michigan can be one long day or two short days on the road. Nice B&B in Malone to put you up at a very reasonable price. I'd do it again tomorrow. And the guitar I came home with is a joy to play and listen to.
Phil,
What was the 'all in' cost of the building class?
phavriluk

Post by phavriluk »

Prices have been changing over time; I did this three and a bit years ago. Best to contact the shop directly. Historical prices are just that - - - history.
peter havriluk