California Here I Come

Post here to make contact with luthiers in your area.
Zen

California Here I Come

Post by Zen »

Hi everyone. Rusty here in Ireland

Hoping to make it to your lovely state of California in March and would love to be able to meet or talk to any or all of you lol
My daughter lives in Bakersfield with out 2 little grandchildren so myself and my wife---she who must be obeyed--- are travelling over to visit them and also visit Las Vegas on St Patricks Day. Just wondering if anyone has a workshop/shed/tent/ where they build guitars in that area?. Its just that I would love to meet anyone who loves this guitar building as much as I do or indeed half as much would be ok as well !! I always envy American builders because of the amazing range of tools and machines available to you all. We pay through the nose for it over here and the selection is limited. But theres also talented guitar builders---not me----who have built amazing instruments with basic enough gadgets as well, so I do know its not all about the machines either. Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what happens. Its just great to be part of such a wonderful bunch of helpful and talented guitar builders here on this forum.

Best Regards
Rusty
RUSTY
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: California Here I Come

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Rusty,
I just looked at your post. I live in Visalia. That is about 60 miles north of Bakersfield right off the main highway that runs up the center of the valley. If the timing works out, I'd love to meet you and spend some time talking about building guitars. My shop is small occupying half of my two car garage, but it is loaded with tools. My daughter, her husband and my 4 grandkids will be visiting from India the middle of March to the end of April, but there is a window of time in there around the 3rd week of March when they will not be with us. Perhaps that timing would work for you.
Let me know. You can PM me if you have details to share about your trip, etc.

Kevin
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Take pictures when you hook up
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Zen

Post by Zen »

Thanks so much for the reply Kevin and Hopefully will try to make it to meet up with you. Its my first time so I will be relying on my son -in -law to take me around, but he has built a few violins himself so I'm pretty sure he will be up for it. I may be doing a spot in Las Vegas for St Patrick's Day with a band who play there every year and have invited me to play a few tunes with them so I do know where I will be on that day, but apart from that its pretty much open at the moment.

Once again Thank You for the kind invitation and
Best Regards from Ireland

Kevin --aka Rusty.
RUSTY
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Okay, you let me know more when you know more and we'll see what we can do.

Kevin