Gobar meets NASCAR?

Storebought or Homemade: Tell Us!
David L

Gobar meets NASCAR?

Post by David L »

Since my other gobar deck got ruined (stowed it under AC window unit and condensation dripped all over it) I made a new and improved gobar deck. Double layer 3/4" MDF with bloodwood trim, bloodwood racing stripes with B/W/B purfling in the center. Upgraded to 1/2" threaded rods for extra support.

David L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin Sjostrand

Re: Gobar meets NASCAR?

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

David,
I think you are FULLY recovered now with too much time to blow. That is an awesome go-bar deck.

Kevin
David L

Post by David L »

I put a piece of carpet on the underside of the upper deck, these are carpet squares that we installed in the Hyatt Regency in downtown New Orleans. When we were done with the job I just happened to "mysteriously" have one of the left over squares in my truck, Hmm! wonder how that happened?

David L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

We're not worthy......we're not worthy......

That is awesome! Well, now that I think about it.......I'm afraid you're showing me up by building a go-bar deck that looks better than my guitars! Ok, now I don't like it......gawdy.........<smile>
Slacker......
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

Nice work David!

And Kevin, you no longer get to give me grief about my walnut veneer shooting board :p
My poorly maintained "Blog"
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Nice
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

you have way too much time on your hands LOL .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
seanbig

Post by seanbig »

That gobar deck is nicer than my guitars.
Sean Big
Sean@BiggerRoom.net
Bigger Room Productions - Web Design for any size project.

When You're Workin' on Somethin' Good
You're Gonna Need a Bigger Room
David L

Post by David L »

Thanks everyone. This gobar deck may be rediculously "over the top" but actually it served as an exercise for some functions that I needed to practice, inlay, mitering purfling, scraping, ect... So instead of practicing on scrap and ending up with some really fancy looking firewood I am now the proud owner of a rediculously fancy looking gobar deck.
My wife came out to my shop (something I'm not real thrilled about) and she looked at my gobar deck and said "wow, what's that" and I told her that it was a tool and she said "that's too pretty to be a tool", WOMEN!!!!!
Victory Pete

Post by Victory Pete »

David L wrote:Thanks everyone. This gobar deck may be rediculously "over the top" but actually it served as an exercise for some functions that I needed to practice, inlay, mitering purfling, scraping, ect... So instead of practicing on scrap and ending up with some really fancy looking firewood I am now the proud owner of a rediculously fancy looking gobar deck.
My wife came out to my shop (something I'm not real thrilled about) and she looked at my gobar deck and said "wow, what's that" and I told her that it was a tool and she said "that's too pretty to be a tool", WOMEN!!!!!

Looks good, I like to have "pretty tools" also. And yes it is a good excersize in craftmanship.

VP

PS Your wifes comment might be a "Freudian slip"!