Trevor Gore Books

Laserdiscs? Anything you can stick in that there television of yours.
Tom West

Trevor Gore Books

Post by Tom West »

A new set of guitar luthiery books on the market. Trevor Gore guitars on the net and follow the link.
Tom
" A person who has never made a mistake has never made anything "
johnnparchem

Re: Trevor Gore Books

Post by johnnparchem »

I have a copy of the set. The books are nicely done. The first half of the first book is a very detailed and math intensive description of audio acoustical properties. At the end of each section the book does summery the points and shows the relevance to guitar. The later half goes through detail design descriptions and discussions always tying back to the physics they lay out.

The second book is a build book covers detail construction techniques, with jig designs and techniques suitable for an amateur builder. The constructions covers multiple bracing patterns for both steel string and classical designs. Both books are huge with many diagrams and pictures, so it is hard to give a detailed review in the short time I have had them. I am really excited to be reading them.

Post by   »

John,

Can you give us a review, detailed or otherwise of these books? Thanks.

tommy
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

I have completely read both books. Give me a bit of time to write a detailed review. The set, especially the first book is very good, I need the time to do justice to the books. Ultimately, the first book will become the text book for the formal study of guitar theory.

Post by   »

Looking forward to it, John. Thanks.

tommy
segovia

Post by segovia »

Hi

Would you say one is no good without the other? or can the construction one stand on its own ?

John
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Sorry I have still not posted, but the construction book is complete as a construction book. It can stand on its own. It covers both steel string and classical guitar together and has 3 full sized sets of plans. I actually liked the theory book a little better, as I was not looking for a build book. Having said that I am preparing for a classical guitar build where I will follow his process from the build book.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

When I ordered from Trevor, shipping on the 2 books was quoted at about $90.00 to me. So, I talked him into surface mail. That ended up taking over 3 months in transit. A lot cheaper, but kind of slow.