www.KitGuitarsForum.com

Learn to Kit Build a Guitar. Learn to Scratch Build a Guitar. Learn EVERYTHING Guitars Here!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:15 pm 

Cutting pearl and abalone I've tried a small aquarium air pump which only worked so-so. And then I'd have a piece drop to the floor and then I'd have to get down and start searching. So I had a light bulb moment and set up the small hose from my vacuum as shown. And in another flash of brilliance I put a screen on it. And I didn't even have to get a piece of pearl sucked in before I thought of it. It works really good.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:46 am 

Excellent idea!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm 

Excellent! I have the screens on my dust collector's floor sweep.

Karl B

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:51 pm 

John J wrote:
Cutting pearl and abalone I've tried a small aquarium air pump which only worked so-so. And then I'd have a piece drop to the floor and then I'd have to get down and start searching. So I had a light bulb moment and set up the small hose from my vacuum as shown. And in another flash of brilliance I put a screen on it. And I didn't even have to get a piece of pearl sucked in before I thought of it. It works really good.

Well, if would have had your screen on my shop vac, I wouldn't have lost a instrumental piece of. Pearl I was cutting. I get it now - on the shop vac...

Karl B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:55 pm 

My wife does jewelry work and I built here a copy of a jeweler's bench. It has a drawer just below the bench pin where all of the precious metal dust and small pieces fall for later retrieval

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554464085/deluxe-solid-wooden-jewelry-making?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=9ddb4133-672a-4f12-960c-1b52343244d9&gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9Mg_D4KMy-J4sWB4B7ZOvdRkdhCyZrk56pfDB6oXgG43Z9oS-n4pDxoC9PkQAvD_BwE

The curved shallow drawer pulls out and rests around your ribs, the lower drawer rests on your knees.

Ed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:14 pm 

ruby@magpage.com wrote:
My wife does jewelry work and I built here a copy of a jeweler's bench. It has a drawer just below the bench pin where all of the precious metal dust and small pieces fall for later retrieval

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554464085/deluxe-solid-wooden-jewelry-making?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=9ddb4133-672a-4f12-960c-1b52343244d9&gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9Mg_D4KMy-J4sWB4B7ZOvdRkdhCyZrk56pfDB6oXgG43Z9oS-n4pDxoC9PkQAvD_BwE

The curved shallow drawer pulls out and rests around your ribs, the lower drawer rests on your knees.

Ed

That is one very nice desk! Thanks for posting.