Zero dust and no lost pieces!

Bright Ideas That Work? Tell Us!
John J

Zero dust and no lost pieces!

Post by John J »

Cutting pearl and abalone I've tried a small aquarium air pump which only worked so-so. And then I'd have a piece drop to the floor and then I'd have to get down and start searching. So I had a light bulb moment and set up the small hose from my vacuum as shown. And in another flash of brilliance I put a screen on it. And I didn't even have to get a piece of pearl sucked in before I thought of it. It works really good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning every day.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Zero dust and no lost pieces!

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Excellent idea!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

Excellent! I have the screens on my dust collector's floor sweep.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

John J wrote:Cutting pearl and abalone I've tried a small aquarium air pump which only worked so-so. And then I'd have a piece drop to the floor and then I'd have to get down and start searching. So I had a light bulb moment and set up the small hose from my vacuum as shown. And in another flash of brilliance I put a screen on it. And I didn't even have to get a piece of pearl sucked in before I thought of it. It works really good.
Well, if would have had your screen on my shop vac, I wouldn't have lost a instrumental piece of. Pearl I was cutting. I get it now - on the shop vac...
Measure Twice,

Karl B
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

My wife does jewelry work and I built here a copy of a jeweler's bench. It has a drawer just below the bench pin where all of the precious metal dust and small pieces fall for later retrieval

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554464085/ ... PkQAvD_BwE

The curved shallow drawer pulls out and rests around your ribs, the lower drawer rests on your knees.

Ed
Ed M
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

ruby@magpage.com wrote:My wife does jewelry work and I built here a copy of a jeweler's bench. It has a drawer just below the bench pin where all of the precious metal dust and small pieces fall for later retrieval

https://www.etsy.com/listing/554464085/ ... PkQAvD_BwE

The curved shallow drawer pulls out and rests around your ribs, the lower drawer rests on your knees.

Ed
That is one very nice desk! Thanks for posting.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com