Peghead logo

Bright Ideas That Work? Tell Us!
kredwards

Peghead logo

Post by kredwards »

I am getting to the end of my first build and would like to put some sort of a logo or signature on the peg head. Since the peg head is ebony, I need something light colored. Do any of you know where I can get something like this done or how to do it myself? I was thinking of a decal, but have no experience here.

Thanks,

Kent
tippie53

Re: Peghead logo

Post by tippie53 »

If you are looking for pearl I can help or David Nichols of Custom Pearl 518-483-7685
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
kredwards

Post by kredwards »

Thank you John, but I was thinking of something a little less intimidating for the first one. I was thinking of something like a gold decal of some sort. I will keep this in mind though.

Kent
mjmeehan

Post by mjmeehan »

If you have a flat router base you could do a marquetry inlay. It's not too hard and allows you to design almost anything. I've done two by routing the outline and inlaying veneer pieces in a pattern, kind of like putting a puzzle together. Sand it flush and you got it!
kredwards

Post by kredwards »

You guys are intrigueing me. I would love to do an inlay, but have no experience with a router. I could try with a dremel tool. Hmm....
kredwards

Post by kredwards »

I had a logo done by Custom Pearl. It cost ($125) for a drop in 1 1/4 inch circle of ebony with my custom logo inlaid. It only took a couple of days to get and they were really great to work with. The only problem I had was the size was so precise, I almost did not get it out of the peghead when I was drilling the hole.

Kent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guitar Hack

Post by Guitar Hack »

I've used this site for a decal I use on my guitars. You can make custom decals. Mine is a gold foil decal.

Signnetwork.com

This is a bad picture taken with my stoneage phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Guitarhack - Do you use what they call a 'vinyl' decal on their website? Does it lay really flat and stay absolutely stuck on for the long haul? I like the idea.
Thanks
DaveB