New Format

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
ruby@magpage.com

New Format

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Don't know where to put this - but here goes

The way I use this forum - and I suspect many others do too - is to scan the right hand side to look for new posts by date. The old format had those dates prominently displayed and it was quite easy to run down the line and see what was new. The Official Luthiers Forum still uses the old format so you can see what we had, but since this new site only allow 2 URL's, I can't include that one.

Is there a way to isolate, enlarge and embolden the dates of the most recent post on this new format to make it easier to use?

Since we need pictures, here's my last instrument - 2 months ago now. Redwood and Maple

Ed M
Skarsaune

Re: New Format

Post by Skarsaune »

At the top of the screen when you first open the page, in the dark bar, click "new posts".
It brings up anything new since the last time you visited.

On the OLF, also kind of at the top of the page, click "View active topics".
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Thanks

And my first attempt at pictures didn;t work - put in th eURL of the shot on my picture sharing service and got the blue question mark
Ed M
Skarsaune

Post by Skarsaune »

For that one, I just use the Attachments when making a post or response. There are two tabs below the box you're typing your text into, Options and Attachments. Click attachments and it lets you attach a picture by uploading to the site. You can then place it inline in your post.

Not sure about when using a picture sharing service, I don't use one.
jread

Post by jread »

I like the new format/site. I appreciate whoever is managing this site. They do a nice job. It's always responsive and is indexed by google.

You can search this site specifically in google by using the site: filter.

Example, put into google search: hot hide glue site:kitguitarsforum.com and you get our site results.

Here's some other things you can do w/ google search:
https://support.google.com/websearch/an ... 6433?hl=en
JLT

Post by JLT »

Is there any way to increase the font size on messages? I can do this with the usual keyboard tricks, of course, but is there an adjustment that can be made in the user profile itself?
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

will see what we can do
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

Is there any way to increase the font size on messages? I can do this with the usual keyboard tricks, of course, but is there an adjustment that can be made in the user profile itself?
My Chrome browser remembers that I increased the font size (<Command><Shift><+> on a Mac) on this site so subsequent visits display in the larger typeface.

Perhaps your browser will remember the setting.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop