Bridge location

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
ruby@magpage.com

Bridge location

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

The rules so no need to explain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed M
jread

Re: Bridge location

Post by jread »

This bridge is super nice. What a treat to see and an inspiration for my next build.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

looks great Ed.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

Rats.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Okay, now I see the holes.

Did you originally locate the bridge in the wrong position? I did that once. I made an oversize repair bridge to cover my goof. As pretty as that bridge is, i would suggest that a belly bridge would cover the mistake after filling the holes.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

When I positioned the bridge the saddle against my jig, I had it flipped backwards. I used a light above shining through the holes to a mirror inside to check that my bridge plate was in the right place and found one of the holes was OFF the bridge plate. Sinking feeling, but here it is with the patches and a first round of Endurovar after leveling.

PS - LOVE the Endurovar so far

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed M
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Wow! Excellent match of the color and grain. I suspect that at the moment the patches are all you can see when you look at the top, but a month from now you'll never notice them.

I cut a big divot out of the back of the headstock of my first guitar. The patch doesn't match anywhere near as well as yours do, but as this point I never notice it .
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Good job Ed!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars