New "0" ish Guitar

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
Bob Gleason

New "0" ish Guitar

Post by Bob Gleason »

The last few years I've gravitated towards "0" and "00" ish size guitars. This is an "0" or Parlor size instrument. My typical redwood top, koa back and sides, and this one has a pheasant wood fretboard and bridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Re: New "0" ish Guitar

Post by tippie53 »

a killer for sure
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Danl8

Post by Danl8 »

Definitely killer. How would you describe the tone of the redwood/koa combo guitar?
carld05

Post by carld05 »

Yes. Looks great! What did you use for bindings?
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

I used curly koa for binding. Koa on koa looks nice with the purfling separation. This is a small guitar, so does not have a huge bass response, but is overall pretty balanced. Bear in mind that strings have only been on for 5 days and the guitar will continue to change for awhile longer. Biggest change is overnight after it is first strung up, but a slower change continues for sometime. I've never had a guitar that sounds decent at first stringing get worse, but I have had guitars that don't sound decent at first stringing never get good. Redwood responds very well to a light touch on the strings, which is why I use it so often. More info on that guitar here http://www.pegasusguitars.com/0-size-ac ... -2019.html Thanks for the nice comments. Enjoy your building!--Bob
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

It's beautiful Bob.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Bob

Beautiful instrument - love those small guitars. The color of the Koa and Redwood go very well together. In your experience with Redwood, will it change color at all?

Ed
Ed M
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Ed- Not a very timely response. Sorry! I just never noticed. No, I have not seen much color change with redwood, except one I sold to a Deadhead who was a serious chain smoker of various things. The top darkened a lot. I think that was more the lacquer being affected by the smoke than a color change in the wood. He eventually accidentally backed over his guitar with his car, so I don't know if the color was going to keep on changing.--Bob
Phil

Post by Phil »

What a stunning guitar!!! That is beautiful!