The RATTLER

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
Dobroguy

The RATTLER

Post by Dobroguy »

Many years ago I read a story (old wives tale)? that some people put a Rattle Snake's tail inside their guitar body for the purpose of producing extra tone. It's amazing what will play tricks on someone's ears.

I just happen to have a rattle that I obtained decades ago while visiting a friend in a trailer park in San Diego. I've decided to put it to good use rather than just languishing in a hobby display cabinet. Anyone else have a guitar that rattles?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kbore

Re: The RATTLER

Post by Kbore »

Love it!
Never heard of it but it makes for an interesting story.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Here you go. Came in an old D18.
Rattle snake %2744. Rattles.jpg
D-18%2744.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Dobroguy

Post by Dobroguy »

So, there is some truth to the story. I guess my snake was a youngster compared to yours.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Some old timers put rattles in their guitars. I live in WV where a man who lives down in the mountains told me that his Dad put one in his guitar to keep mice from nesting in it when stored.

I read that they're rumored to improve tone by controlling humidity (or something like that).
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

I used to have a shop in El Paso, and it was very common there. The rattles were a little too easy to get there for my liking!