Not your usual firewood!

Post a photo of something you are working on today. No need to explain or write anything. A photo is worth a thousand words. If you must write something caption your photo with the "File Comment" field when uploading an attachment. Keep it short and show us some photos!
Forum rules
Pictures please.
Bob Gleason

Not your usual firewood!

Post by Bob Gleason »

At 72, I've finally decided to start using, instead of saving, some of my nicer wood. Time to use some. Today's resawing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danl8

Re: Not your usual firewood!

Post by Danl8 »

Wow, that's some of the nicest Koa I've seen. Can't wait to see it transformed into an instrument!
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Beautiful Bob. You surely live in a wood paradise.
I've turned one call from the Koa. I'll post in pic in a couple of days, dipping lacquer finish now. It has some really nice curl in it.
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Bob

Beautiful - just beautiful.. Hard to tell dimensions - is there enough for a back and a top?

Ed
Ed M
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Yes,there was enough for 2 all koa guitars. However, a decision had to be made. I have some killer guitar sets, but almost out of exceptional uke sets. I ended up cutting it into 7 tenor uke T/B/S sets. I always hate to do that, but since I make ukes and guitars, sometimes i have to.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Bob a couple pics of the first Koa duck call.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Kevin-Nice work! I love seeing my scrap put to good use. I'm a vegetarian, so make me up a carrot call! Enjoy your hobby.--Bob
Mal-2

Post by Mal-2 »

Bob Gleason wrote:Kevin-Nice work! I love seeing my scrap put to good use. I'm a vegetarian, so make me up a carrot call! Enjoy your hobby.--Bob
Your wish is our command.
Bob Gleason

Post by Bob Gleason »

Wow! I spent all these years working with sawdust, finishes, and a host of deadly chemicals. I obviously picked the wrong profession. I like to garden, so I could easily have a whole host of cool building materials basically for free. Amazing post. Thanks, Bob