just finished Commision build and customer liked it

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
tippie53

just finished Commision build and customer liked it

Post by tippie53 »

This was a custom shape. X brace top with fan braces. It is a great blues guitar. The customer is from Alexandria VA . BRW with alpine spruce. Great sustain. A 41 style pearl with snowflakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Diane Kauffmds

Re: just finished Commision build and customer liked it

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

He looks really happy with it.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

I hadn't seen this post John, from a distance looks mighty fine! Fan bracing?
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I've heard of this style of bracing. How does it affect the tone vs. Standard x bracing?
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

this pattern is more on the woody side . It has nice note separation and balance. It is not like a Martin as far as bass punch but has a lot of head room and can hold its own. I can see this as a bluesy guitar. Great strummer and finger picker.
The tone is clear not tinny at all . The mid range was great , you can attack with a pick or soft finger it and it is still there.
I liked it so much I will us it on my next guitar I am making for myself in honor of my Father. I am normally a traditionalist but this bracing scheme is one that is worth looking into.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Randy

Post by Randy »

Your the man john
Can you post the bracing? How did you derive to use it since your traditional background is so strong. And what is its origins if you don't mind me asking. I'm piked because I've not seen you branch out to far from Martin in the years I've followed you. So I figure it must have merit.
Thank You randy
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

tippie53 wrote:this pattern is more on the woody side . It has nice note separation and balance. It is not like a Martin as far as bass punch but has a lot of head room and can hold its own. I can see this as a bluesy guitar. Great strummer and finger picker.
The tone is clear not tinny at all . The mid range was great , you can attack with a pick or soft finger it and it is still there.
I liked it so much I will us it on my next guitar I am making for myself in honor of my Father. I am normally a traditionalist but this bracing scheme is one that is worth looking into.
I would love to see the bracing plan for this guitar. Since I've started over with my 00, I'm looking at alternate bracing plans.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars