New guy starting a new project

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
Guitar Jones

New guy starting a new project

Post by Guitar Jones »

Hey guys, nice to be here. Have you guys seen the Stewart-MacDonald knotty pine tele style bodies yet? I have to give one a try. I haven't built a guitar in at least 15 years and have never done an acoustic, but I want to. Here is a pic of a tele I built as a clone of my '70 , it's the only one I've kept, sold all the others I built.
Anyway, here is the stew-mac bodies link. Let me know what you think.

http://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Su ... _Tele.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaineGeezer

Re: New guy starting a new project

Post by MaineGeezer »

They wouldn't be my choice, but I'm not the one spending the money. If they appeal to you, go for it! They certainly do have character. Record your activity in the "Blog Your Project" thread to keep us informed of your progress.

Oh -- nice guitar in the picture!
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Guitar Jones

Re: New guy starting a new project

Post by Guitar Jones »

Thank you. Yeah I know the bodies won't be for everyone but relic and road worn electric guitars have been a pretty large part of the industry for a number of years. I just wanted to do something different so this will have more of a repurposed wood look to it.

You guys build some astonishingly beautiful guitars here so I'm going to be reading up a lot.