#6 (kind of classical) and #7 (OOO)

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
voss_jack

#6 (kind of classical) and #7 (OOO)

Post by voss_jack »

Hi,

after a not so good start with a kit I got better and better. There´s still a lot to improve, but for the next time I think I will concentrate on playing instead of building guitars :)

#6 is a classical (crossover with slimmer neck), based on the plans of L. Mottola (http://liutaiomottola.com/instruments/Cincia.htm) with the addition of a scooped cutaway.

#7, a 12 fret OOO based on the StewMac plans (again with a scooped cutaway), is a naturally blonde: spruce top, back and sides maple, neck laminate of ash and walnut, binding walnut, rosetta spalted poplar

Finish in both cases truoil!

Btw. sounds quite nice (even to the ears of my teacher) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by voss_jack on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
voss_jack

Re: #6 (kind of classical) and #7 (OOO)

Post by voss_jack »

and the next pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Nice, I really like the scoop cutaway. Well done!
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Looks great - was the cutaway difficult?

Ed
Ed M
thronson

Post by thronson »

nice looking guitars... Like the rosette on the 000... T
Phil

Post by Phil »

Do you have any construction pics of how you did that cutaway? That's cool. Both are very nice guitars!
voss_jack

Post by voss_jack »

I didn´t take many pictures while building the guitars, but I have just one pics of the cutaway construction. What you have to do is a rough cut with a saw and then sanding with something which has the desired geometry. I took the plastic tube you can see in the background of one of the pictures. After this you increase the "glueing area": glue an additional layer of wood to the top and to the side. And sanding again. A good description can be found here:

"http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http ... NwBEK0DMDw"

For me it was easier to build than a venetian cutaway (tried it, the wood didn´t want to bend the way I asked it to and the result was ok, but not good). In addition the scoop cutaway looks cool :)

(Btw. if you find expressions which are not correct please tell me. I´m not a native speaker and it´s always good to improve the language skills)