KMG 000 hits the road!

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
deadedith

KMG 000 hits the road!

Post by deadedith »

This is a link to a KMG 000, African Mahogany/Spruce that is going on the road with Evan Way, founding member of the Parson Redheads, an indie/folksie/soft rockie/kick-butt band. His family bought it for him. He's my nephew and I'm proud of how far he has taken the band. They write all their own music. You can google them and get an idea of what they are all about.
I installed an active I-Beam as it is the best light, minimally intrusive, and good- sounding pickup I've run across. Others have their favorites as well; I dig it.
I had a little zebrawood binding so I used that. Finish is varnish with a topcoat of polyurethane (top only). It has just the sheen I was looking for.
Sounds very good, and I nailed the action on this one. The bracing is fairly standard, but I did go "higher and thinner" than I have in the past and it worked out fine, whether it will stand the rigors of the road remains to be seen!
Thanks to the Forum for getting me through another one! And especially Ken Cierp who is unfailingly generous with advice.
DaveB

http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/ad22 ... ith/Evans/
naccoachbob

Re: KMG 000 hits the road!

Post by naccoachbob »

That looks really nice, Dave. Congrats.
Going to listen now.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Great news! Hey is that your logo in that picture set? It's nice.
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Yep, my wife works with a gal who is a really talented artist. I gave her a few ideas and she came up with what I use now. It was her idea to show the tuning pegs as they show on the logo.
DaveB
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

deadedith wrote:Yep, my wife works with a gal who is a really talented artist. I gave her a few ideas and she came up with what I use now. It was her idea to show the tuning pegs as they show on the logo.
DaveB
Well I like it. It's like the tree is growing from a guitar when in reality, a guitar grows from a tree. Very Zen like.
bmasten

Post by bmasten »

Good looking guitar and I too love the logo!