My first kit build.

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
MachTwang

My first kit build.

Post by MachTwang »

I have 'Frankensteined' a few guitars from parts in the past but this is my first build from 'the floor up' using a kit. I received the Grizzly.com kit from my lovely wife for the holidays a few years ago and over much hemming, hawing and obsessing over what I wanted to do, I present to you the Mach Twang: Teleblaster - Mk I.

Body: Poplar • Neck: Maple • Fretboard: Walnut
I had the body and face plate painted at my local auto body shop, he did a great job with a nice thin coat and kept the interior of the neck pocket paint free. I love the micro flake..

Nut: Aged Bone • Tuners: Wilkinson Vintage Silver Button
I finished the back of the neck with about six coats of Tru Oil for a nice satin finish.

Neck: GFS Dream180 w/ coil split - 9.5k • Bridge: GFS Fatbody Alnico - 11.5k • 3Way: Standard • Volume Pot: 250k w/ split
OD Pot: Black Ice Overdrive (warm) • Chicken Hat: BigD Varitone (bypass/.001/.010/.022/.047/.220 caps)
I turned my tone pot into an on board over drive using a Black Ice capacitor wired for 'warm' and my tonal controls are handled by the Big D Varitone switch.
justrfb

Re: My first kit build.

Post by justrfb »

Nice looking guitar! Sounds like you are well on your way to building more... I wish I could lay down some paint like that. Good luck.

Sincerely,
Rich
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

Great looking guitar! Looks like a lot of fun to play.
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Good job! I hope you have a lot of fun playing it.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

The metal flake is great. What does the back of the head and the neck look like?

Ed
Ed M