No. 4 (second acoustic...) complete...

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
justrfb

Re: No. 4 (second acoustic...) complete...

Post by justrfb »

Thanks John. As some to most here can say and do say, it wouldn't be what it is without you and your help...

Thanks Kevin. I got the Prestige 330 with volume and tone control from JJB Electronics. I installed the same pick-up on both acoustics I have built and they sound terrific. I dealt with Jessie at JJB and he, his company and his product is wonderful. I highly recommend him and hid pick-ups. I hope this helps.

http://jjb-electronics.com

Sincerely,
Rich
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hey Rich,
I've put a number of the JJB Artists in, but not the one with the tone and volume controls. Do those controls work pretty well?
Jesse has always been great to work with. I've even sent him a special end pin jack to use on one system he built for me.
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Hi Kevin.
I asked my son Willie (he is the player, I am the builder...) last evening at dinner your question. I told him a gentleman from the forum wanted to know the effectiveness of the tone and volume control on the 2 acoustics. He said they are "pretty effective" and then he said that they are not really needed as the pickups are controlled well at the amp, at least in his experience, adding that they are nice to have on the guitar. And yes, Jessie is quite a nice person to work with... Nice talking with you. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Rich
ColestineGuitar

Post by ColestineGuitar »

Rich,
Very nice work. I have played a few all mahogany guitars at our local music store (Cripple Creek Music in Ashland, Oregon) and most have been lackluster. Yours, however, does not lack anything at all. The low mids, in particular, have strength and definition that matches that of the lowest strings. I consider that a great accomplishment. Compliments to your son, too; he plays quite well!
Slowest builder on the forum. These things take time. Apparently.