Finished my first

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
Chuck73

Finished my first

Post by Chuck73 »

Finished my first guitar. It sounds very good even if it doesnt look as nice as my next will. Many thanks to John Hall and Robert O'Brien. I couldn't have done it without all the help from your instructional videos. I'm a high school biology teacher and I brought it to school yesterday to let some of my students play it. It was great to hear the guitar I built in the hands of some talented players.
Adirondack top and braces
EI rosewood back and sides
Mahogany neck
Macassar fretboard
African ebony bridge
Bone nut and saddle
Blood wood bindings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chuck73 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Finished my first

Post by   »

Looks great. The Bloodwood on top of the EIR is my personal favorite.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Looks like it turned out really nice. Congratulations on finishing your first!

Kevin
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Nice looking instrument. You have some pretty interesting specs for a first guitar - Adi top and braces. Yu put some thought into that.

Ed
Ed M
Chuck73

Post by Chuck73 »

I was shooting for something similar to a hd-28v structurally. Scalloped braces about 1in from the soundhole. The adi top was the most expensive part, even if its a pretty low grade. That's why I used it even though I punched a small hole in it in a moment of clumsiness while setting the dovetail. Glued a small graft in and structurally I think it's fine. I don't like the way it looks, but this will be my camping guitar. Back, sides, neck and fingerboard I got from the guitar makers connection; all cosmetic reject parts.
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

It looks good! Congratulations on finishing your first. It is very fun to hear your guitars played by talented players.
ColestineGuitar

Post by ColestineGuitar »

That is nice! Your version of "cosmetic rejects" meets a high standard. I hope to join you by posting my first in a couple months.
Slowest builder on the forum. These things take time. Apparently.