#3- All Done!

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
mjmeehan

#3- All Done!

Post by mjmeehan »

Here is my Kenneth Michael Guitars OOO kit. I say mine but it's really for my dad. He's coming in tomorrow to take delivery so I had to get some pics while I could. Maybe tomorrow I can put up some outside pics that show off the wood better. If I can pry it out of his hands, that is!

I built this as I was finishing my jumbo so there was no post guitar build "hangover", just kept rolling along. The build went smooth, no major problems and was done in five weeks! Truly a testament to Ken Cierp's attention to detail and quality parts. I can't thank him enough!

Here's the specs... I'll put up better pics tomorrow.
Back & Sides: East Indian Rosewood
Top: Engelmann Spruce
Binding: Maple
Neck: Mahogany
Fretboard & Bridge: Ebony
Rosette: Rosewood with Abalone
Purfling: Abalam with B/W/B/W/B
Finish: Tru Oil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce Dow

Re: #3- All Done!

Post by Bruce Dow »

Tres Belle!

(Very Beautiful)

Congratulations.
naccoachbob

Post by naccoachbob »

C'est magnifique. Magnificent.
(Sorry, Bruce)
Really, it's a great job. Very nice inlay work too.
Bob
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

5 weeks? Is Ken sending his kits half assembled now? Thats pretty darn fast! I will assume that does not include lacquer, right?
She is beautiful. I have become very fond of the OM over the past year. This is a fine example of why I like them so much.
Great job. Really nicely done. Your dad is a lucky guy.
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Great job! You gotta post some pictures of his reaction!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
mjmeehan

Post by mjmeehan »

Thanks a lot, guys. I'll try to get a reaction pic today, more importantly I'll have to arrange a visitation schedule. I don't want to fork it over!!
I'm with Tony, I've become a huge fan of the OM shape too. And yes, Tony, the 5 weeks includes the minimum one week wait time on the Tru Oil finish, no lacquer on this one. I ran out of cooperative weather conditions for shooting lacquer.
Here's a few promised outside pics. I hope I have them turned in the right direction this time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

5 weeks with finish? And it turned out looking beautiful? Well sir, my hat is off to you. Maybe tell your dad it needs some set up work and he can borrow your other guitar while you fix his?
I am trying that with my brother right now so I can play the walnut dread I made him. So far with no luck though. I will keep you posted if I find a technique that works.
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

That looks beautiful MJ!! I especially love the rosette. Thanks for the inspiration.
Alain
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Nicely done, MJ. Looks like you did a very fine job!

Ken
Phil

Post by Phil »

Beautiful!