Jumbo First Build

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
Ken Hundley

Re: Jumbo First Build

Post by Ken Hundley »

Beautiful job on the guitar. I have wanted to build a jumbo with that shape, but just haven't been as impressed with the sound as with martin style jumbos. I like deep bass, vibrant mids, and crystal trebles, good broadband sound, which I just haven't seen out of any production models but the Martin Jumbo. I do have some maple and would liek to try to build a J-200. With a different bridge.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I love seeing all these jumbo style guitars being built! Yours turned out really nice. Congrats!

Ken
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Exit........stage left!!!!
Looks fantastic Snagelpuss.
Did I miss where you told us what electronics you put in it?
How did it do at the gig?

Kevin
Snaglpuss

Post by Snaglpuss »

Electronics are Fishman Prefix + T (tuner). I like the fact that all the controlls are outside and easy to
get to while you are playing.
I was thinking about putting the Aura in, but having never built a guitar before I thought I already had a lot of money in it if it turned out to sound like junk.
It sounded really good at the gig I, played it for the whole time and my Gibson stayed in the case.
It really sounds good through the Feder Accoustasonic amp. Lots of full bottom, sax and keyboard
players made positive comments.
I'm debating what to build next- another big strummer like a J45 or Advanced Jumbo or something smaller and easier to play sitting down at home, maybe L-00 / L-1.