Figured Mahogany, 3-piece back

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
JeffB

Figured Mahogany, 3-piece back

Post by JeffB »

Hey, I haven't been here for a couple of years but I've been working on a couple of kits. Just put the finishing touches on this one I got from John Hall on eBay 2 years ago. Figured mahogany sides and back wedge; ribbon mahogany on the 2 outside back pieces; ebony and maple strips separating the back pieces; ebony fingerboard and bridge; tortoise binding, heel plate and pick guard; black tuner buttons; Engleman spruce top. Top and back were joined by John as well as soundhole and rosette inlay. Martin neck, braces, bridge and tuners. This is going to be a surprise Christmas gift for a very good friend of mine.

Darryl Young

Re: Figured Mahogany, 3-piece back

Post by Darryl Young »

You did a great job Jeff! Good work.
Slacker......
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

That is a nice gift! I really line figured mahogany sides. Also the 3-piece back looks good. How does it sound?
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

best.gift.ever!

There can be no possible better gift than something you made with your own hands, that will give someone a lifetime of guitar playing pleasure.

Nice work Jeff.

P.S. Don't be a stranger!
My poorly maintained "Blog"
David L

Post by David L »

I once heard someone say that it's ok to give a gift that you made "if you're 5 years old". Obviously they have never seen some of the gifts that were made by members of KGF. A lucky friend you have indeed. I love that three piece back.

David L
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Welcome back! Fantastic job on the guitar too!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jim_H

Post by Jim_H »

David L wrote:I once heard someone say that it's ok to give a gift that you made "if you're 5 years old".
This sounds like someone who doesn't have any kind of artistic inclination.

I can think of lots of hand made things that I would be greatly appreciative of.
My poorly maintained "Blog"
Herman

Post by Herman »

Welcome back Jeff

Great looking guitar, well done. I love the sides. Your friend will be a happy and lucky guy.
Keep them coming.

Herman
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Turned out really nice Jeff. Great build and glad you are back!
I much prefer giving my guitars away, less stress building and giving a gift is always a joy, especially something you have made.
Bring on another and stick around.

Kevin
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Thanks for all your nice comments guys. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It could have been nicer cosmetic wise but it sounds good and plays well. John Hall did a nice job putting the kit together and was great to work with on a couple of minor issues that he graciously and promptly gave attention to.

Looking at some of the other posts here, I am very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship of the guitars being produced by you guys! WOW!