Zebra/Adirondack 00 KMG finished

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
deadedith

Zebra/Adirondack 00 KMG finished

Post by deadedith »

http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/deadedith/Ken/

This is a link to a photobucket album.
WARNING:: No gloss. I pore filled and went with poly satin. Upside is, in person it glows. People really like it. Downside, it's almost embarrassing to post a photo on this forum that is not glossy. Maybe my next one. :-)
This one is going to a lady named "Peg", and you may notice one of the tuning 'pegs' is a little off. So is Peg, in a good sense, and she appreciates the humor.
I added the fancy tuners, bound the fretboard with z-wood which does not really show, did a little headstock treatment, and used the larivee style bracing you see in the picture.

Stringing her up tomorrow, hopefully, and also hope to get a clip or two posted.
I start a KMG 000C walnut/englemann next week. What fun!!
Dave B
naccoachbob

Re: Zebra/Adirondack 00 KMG finished

Post by naccoachbob »

I think it's really nice. I've been looking at zebrawood for something in the future and yours turned out so well.
Good job.
Bob
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Very nice, Dave! Great looking little guitar. Good luck getting her strung up. Hopefully she has a great voice!

Ken
Herman

Post by Herman »

Hi Dave,

Looking wonderful. I like those dark binding on the top and zebra. Looks like you made a quite wide neck. Is that true?
Didn't see the peg off, until you mentioned it. Thinking of Al Bundy's Peggy: She has some edgy attitudes too. So it is appropriate I guess.

Waiting for the tunes though.
Herman
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Thanks guys.
Herman - yep, a little wider neck for someone who is used to a classic guitar neck.
I did not know that "Married with Children" made it over to your neck of the woods! :-)
Dave B
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

It looks great Dave! How does she sound? I like what you did on the headstock. I would love to play it.
Slacker......
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Thanks for the kudos!
I really like the sound of the KMG 00's - loud and musical, very comfortable to play. I have yet to post clips but I should have the time this weekend.
Starting a KMG 000C next week, walnut/englemann. Should be a lot of fun.
Dave B
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hey Dave,
Glad you posted the pic link here, I couldn't see it on Robbie's forum. You've done very nice work there, with some great custom touches. It is fun isn't it? I haven't done any building in almost 3 months save I spent the day on Labor day making neck and tail blocks. Can't wait to see your walnut OOO. I am making myself one after this next macuaba dred.

Kevin
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Kevin - thanks. Looking forward to seeing your dred.
Dave B
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Beautiful guitar, can't wait to hear it!
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan