Where are all the completed guitars?

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
Ken C

Where are all the completed guitars?

Post by Ken C »

Is everyone as slow as me in getting their guitars finished or is everyone bashful?

Come on, let's see some finished guitars!!!

Ken
mjmeehan

Re: Where are all the completed guitars?

Post by mjmeehan »

Ahhh... I'm givin' 'er all I got, Captain!
Herman

Post by Herman »

Let me look. It should be somewhere around here.
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Herman, it has been said that one can never have enough clamps! I'm not sure what's in there, but you have it surrounded!

I shot the last coats of EM6000 on my EIR OM yesterday, so within a couple of weeks, I should have something to contribute.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Ken,
We are all eagerly awaiting some pictures of your latest. Don't make us wait too long.

Kevin
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Kevin,

It's been a tough wait for me. The EIR OM had been sitting around, built, pore filled, and final sanded for close to three months while I waited for a week with low enough humidity and enough down time to spray. Hopefully in two to three weeks I'll have it buffed out and setup. I guess the plus side of this is I built a Les Paul while waiting and sprayed it while doing the OM. 'Built a Les Paul' is an exaggeration...It is a kit that some guy had purchased, started, then I guess realizing he was never going to get it done, put it up for sale for a couple hundred bucks. I decided to buy it as I always wanted to do a sunburst ala 1959. It still had a fair amount of work to be done, so I poked away at it over the past couple of months. I'll post pics of it along with the EIR OM.

What are working on now the coco is gone?

Ken
darren

Post by darren »

Slow goings over here, too, the family has been going in every direction trying to fit everything in before school starts (tomorrow) There are several weeks in between entries in my build log, but, that's life. Also sold a car and bought another car, both being part-time jobs of themselves. I did decide that I wasn't going to be happy with the headstock on my all-koa, so I have another one on order, and other than that my #2 is ready for finishing.
Darren
enalnitram

Post by enalnitram »

My pace has been about 1 a year. Things are looking up though. I'll probably complete 2 in 2011! Got a head start on one of em already.
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Ken,
I just today started on #4, the Macauaba Cutaway dred. I made the neck and heel blocks and got a good start on the neck today. Doing these first so I can make sure I get the cutaway side placement correct to fit flush with the neck/heel. Feels backwards to me, but it all has to be done. I will go slow on this one, it doesn't have to be done until next summer :>)

Kevin
Ken Hundley

Post by Ken Hundley »

Very slow giong over here too. A lot going on at work, and in the fam, just haven't been able to get the chips flyin.
Ken Hundley
Nocturnal Guitars
http://www.nocturnalguitars.com

So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan