Peruvian Walnut/Redwood L-OO

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
Tony_in_NYC

Re: Peruvian Walnut/Redwood L-OO

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

FYI: A backdrop makes a HUGE difference in picture quality. No joke. I just went to a fabric store and asked for the cheapest, solid black material they had. It cost me about $8.00 for 2.5 yards of the stuff I got and it has a texture to it, but it does not show up. Perhaps a gray back drop would have been better, but who knows?

What finish did you use on this guitar?
Herman

Post by Herman »

Darren,

Well you made it look really wonderful. Congrats. Small guitars are underrated. They sound often more balanced than bigger ones imo.
Please post some sounds.
Herman
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Hey Darren, I like that one a lot! Well done!

Ken
darren

Post by darren »

Thanks everyone,

Tony, this is finished with Behlen's RockHard. I think by the time I fixed all my mistakes I may have found the correct method to get a nice smooth finish. I've told myself I'll try one more with the rockhard before looking around at other finishes...

Herman, yes it has a nice balanced sound - maybe a little quiet on the lower end but who knows how that will change, right?

Martin, yeah, I kept the gibson headstock, and square bridge (man that thing is tiny- and the saddle is literally on the redwood top) but the rosette and the handstop/backstrap thingy are more modern. And of course the wood choices.

No time to take better pictures yet, but I'll get around to it.
Darren