My Friend’s First Build

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
BlindBo

My Friend’s First Build

Post by BlindBo »

Yesterday we put the final set up on my old friend Jeff’s first build. He is a longtime player and has several nice guitars. About a year ago he got interested in my luthier hobby and I offered to help him build a guitar from scratch. He decided on a EIRW/Red Spruce top OO-28-14, with a short scale. He bought the top, sides and back from Blues Creek and John sent us a beautiful set. Off we went.
Jeff is one of the most detailed people I’ve ever known and has great hand skills. He did his homework before each step and took it all very seriously. His other hobby is racing SCCA spec cars. So, he knows his way round a spray gun. The result was a beautiful guitar, with a finish you can shave in, that has a wonderfully balanced tone and lots of sustain. I was blown away that anyone could do such a great job on their first build. There were a few hiccups along the way, but, Saint John Hall came to the rescue. Thanks, John!
Jeff is one happy camper!
IMG_1586.jpeg
IMG_1587.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phavriluk

Re: My Friend’s First Build

Post by phavriluk »

Your friend brought his patience and attention to detail with him. I think those two traits give a head start to any complex skill.
peter havriluk
tippie53

Re: My Friend’s First Build

Post by tippie53 »

you and you friend did a great job I only had to tweak it 2 beers and a steak sandwich we will be square we you at the asia symposium
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com