Number 5 is done!

Post Photos and Link Us to Your Guitars!
twenty2late

Number 5 is done!

Post by twenty2late »

This was my 5th (3rd from scratch). The EIR I found at woodcraft for $60! It has a few flaws, but still turned out nice. My french polishing skills seem to be developing finally. But, I had to take it back down to wood a couple times. Number 6 is in the side bender now and will be another EIR dred with herringbone and braced based on John Hall's 1937 dred template. I really appreciate all the help I've received on this journey!

V/R
Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnnparchem

Re: Number 5 is done!

Post by johnnparchem »

Well done, good looking guitar! What are you doing with all the guitars you make?
twenty2late

Post by twenty2late »

Thanks! Numbers 1, 3 and 5 (this one) are mine. Number 2 I gave to my best friend as a birthday gift and number 4 I sold to a friend in S Korea. The one I'm starting now I will try to sell. I'm also using this one to collect data. I got a notebook to document every little detail of every step and I'm running a stop watch and logging how long it takes me to do each task.

V/R
Ken
ruby@magpage.com

Post by ruby@magpage.com »

Was the Woodcraft wood already cut for back and sides? Or did you buy a piece wide enough to re-saw? Nice looking instrument.

By the way, a good friend has been playing rock guitar since 1957 and in the 90's he had a band called Twenty Years Too Late

Ed
Ed M
twenty2late

Post by twenty2late »

Thanks Ed! That's funny...my twenty2late comes from a punk band that I was in almost 20 years ago. Somehow it came up because we were all 22 and a bunch of bad apples at the time!

The EIR came from woodcraft as a rough cut guitar set, so the sides and back were just like buying unsanded sets from Stewmac or anywhere else. But...you get what you pay for. For $60 it had a couple of knots that had to be filled with CA first, but I thought it came out pretty good and has some character.

V/R
Ken
Mike Baker

Post by Mike Baker »

Nice looking 'dread!