Cases

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
jread

Cases

Post by jread »

Putting this question in finishing. I have multiple guitars nearing completion and storing them after finish is on is going to be a problem for me. I am talking about after all the re-tweaking and curing/drying time so I think I'll need to invest in case for each build sooner than later.

I figured I would throw that out as you guys may have ideas about how to not ding them up after they are ready to go. Generally just put it in a case until it goes out?

This one is not finished but wanted to show it off and it fits. Elderly instruments has a good supply even if this is a really large part of the cost of the guitar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tippie53

Re: Cases

Post by tippie53 »

access guitar cases are also a good price
easy to become a dealer
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Stray Feathers

Re: Cases

Post by Stray Feathers »

My experience in cases is narrow, but I have been pleased with Guardian cases for a couple of reasons: First, they have excellent dimensions on their web site, so you can select a case to fit a non-standard build. Second, I buy them on Amazon (no dealer that I can find in Canada) and surprisingly often a particular model will go 'way on sale. Third, one of my guitars survived the indiscretions of Air Canada in a Guardian case (thread on here somewhere). The case was said to be "seven-ply" and while I discovered it doesn't look like that's strictly true, the case did its job. Bruce W.