"Finish Cure" Possible Z-Poxy alternative

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
tippie53

Re: "Finish Cure" Possible Z-Poxy alternative

Post by tippie53 »

That is one well cared for critter . I never understood how great these animals were until one adopted me.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

Hey!!! You stole my cat!! :-)
DaveB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Cats and lutherie...who knew they were a popular combo. I have two.
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

General Tso showed up as a stray . Brenda and I never thought we were cat people. It took this guy a year as he was outside . Once we let him in the house ,well as they say we lost the battle but he is a good friend . Best lap warmer I ever had .
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I'm with you on that, John.
DaveB
rgogo65

Post by rgogo65 »

Yeah..we had a Weenie Dog for 17 years, haven't had a cat in 40 years...had to have "Nose" put down...in too much pain(Tough stuff) anyway..not having ANY animals again..THAT'S IT! PERIOD! NO MORE...EVER!

Vet was a friend of ours..took in this stray kitten about 4 weeks old..said he wouldn't survive w/o being hand fed...uhhh didn't have time to take care of him.. one thing led to another...and ..well..the rest is history...been 7 tough years...but I'm learning...dogs need friends, Cats need SERVANTS...

He does let me lay down or sit on the couch once in a while..IF he's in a good mood..

Cat hair DOES NOT go well with most finishes but that seems to be MY problem!

At least the Cat Scans are FREE! I feel lucky..

(:0)>}
deadedith

Post by deadedith »

I think I mentioned that our little cat, Sophie, stares at me all day as I work - she's in the house at a window looking out to the small barn where my shop is. Really spooky.

The weather has been nice the past few days in Southern Oregon, so Sophie is out on the back deck - staring at me. Couple pix from the shop window - she's starting to get into my head! :-) She's the little gray critter just visible on the deck at the bottom of the first pic; same gray blob sitting on a chair on the deck. Staring.

DaveB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

That cat is creeping me out man!!

I have one fat cat named Trouble, and a thin little girl named Baby. She is all white with blue eyes. She is nuts and scratches herself until her skin comes off. We had her checked for everything under the son, spent too much money trying to figure out why he scratched so much, but to no avail. Seems white cats have sensitive skin. THe solution is to give her a daily bath in an oatmeal soap. That aint happening. Have you ever given a cat a bath? No fun.

Their pics have been on here when they inspect my work. I dont have any handy right now though. Have not yet moved all our pics since we switched to the new computer.
Tarhead

Post by Tarhead »

I'm not sure this thread can be rescued but I'm interested in how Finish Cure compares to ZPoxy. I checked at a local Hobby Town USA store and they don't offer Finish Cure. Much to my surprise they do have the 6oz ZPoxy for $17.49.