guitar labels

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
mdutko

guitar labels

Post by mdutko »

Hi everyone. Does anyone have any advice/experience on attaching a label to the inside of the guitar. I designed a really nice label using Gimp (basically a free open source of Photoshop) I plan on printing it on some type of cool looking paper. I remember from my school days that white glue makes paper curl and is also messy. Any tips or suggestions on what has worked for you. Thanks
B. Howard

Re: guitar labels

Post by B. Howard »

I use a bit of hide or fish glue for the labels. I only glue the perimeter t keep the label from curling up as you mentioned.
You never know what you are capable of until you actually try....

Brian Howard
www.brianhowardguitars.com
Taylor authorized service
Custom finishing services

Brian howard's guitar building & repair blog
http://www.brianhowardguitars.com
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Since you're looking for long-term durability, acid-free paper would probably be a good idea.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

B. Howard wrote:I use a bit of hide or fish glue for the labels. I only glue the perimeter t keep the label from curling up as you mentioned.
+1 for fish glue
Tim Benware
mike789166

Post by mike789166 »

I print mine on normal white paper using a laser printer and the i cover it with french polish mixture. When it dries it can be easily applied an the shellac gives it an antique appearance.