entwistle pickups?

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
earldunk

entwistle pickups?

Post by earldunk »

Has any of my fellow guitar folks used entwistle pickups? I swear by iron gear pups I have them in my tele build and replaced my Epi SG/ G-400 Custom, ( the cream one with the 3 humbuckers) and they are fab. I was at a gig a few months ago and the lead guitarist and i got talking he told me about the entwistle HDN's he had put in his Epi les paul, they sounded very nice indeed. His set up was very similar to mine 15w all tube amp, destortion pedal, chourus and flnger and like me he was not a fan of reverb.

I checked them out on ebay and i can get a set for under £45, I watched a few youtube vids as well last night they seem ok.
earldunk

Re: entwistle pickups?

Post by earldunk »

Got some entwistle HDN's and tested them in my test rig ( its like a lap steel that i can just screw the pickups in) they are f-in awsome clean is great and distorted is great, the distorted sound is intresting it dirtys well but you still have very clear notes and no noise, the highs are sharp and the lows are warm not muddy at all, the mid range is very balanced. To sum them up for £44 a set you cant go wrong I like these over some more expensive pickups i have.