My teardown spray booth

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
Ben-Had

My teardown spray booth

Post by Ben-Had »

Just finished. 6'X6'. For waterborne spray (for the time being). Breaks down into 5 - 6X6 sections for storage about 7 1/2" deep. Any suggestions for improvements will be welcome.

Tim B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Benware
deadedith

Re: My teardown spray booth

Post by deadedith »

Niiiiiice! Is that a 10 mil plastic?
DaveB
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

deadedith wrote:Niiiiiice! Is that a 10 mil plastic?
DaveB
Thanks. 6 mil, but it's very sturdy. I bought a 100' roll and have about 64' left over.
Tim Benware
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Tim,
You did a great job there, makes my portable knock-down spray booth look like a Yugo!
I'm spraying Nitro so I am leary about using a fan, but I like the design. You are an arteesst!

Kevin
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

for safety I suggest the fan to blow in ,that way you won't get explosive fumes into the motor , That is not a good thing . Other that that it looks nice. Be sure to wear a mask
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Kevin Sjostrand wrote:Tim,
You did a great job there, makes my portable knock-down spray booth look like a Yugo!
I'm spraying Nitro so I am leary about using a fan, but I like the design. You are an arteesst!

Kevin
Thanks, Kevin
Tim Benware
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

tippie53 wrote:for safety I suggest the fan to blow in ,that way you won't get explosive fumes into the motor , That is not a good thing . Other that that it looks nice. Be sure to wear a mask
Which leads me to ask John, would it be safe to spray nitro with the fan blowing in, I have it (nitro) but have been hesitant to use it because of the potential for explosion. And it was my understanding that the use of a water borne lacquer does not have the same explosive potential.
Tim Benware