Pore Filling - Z- Poxy

The Achilles' Heel of Luthiery
David L

Re: Pore Filling - Z- Poxy

Post by David L »

I don't have any everclear left (found a better use for it), however I do have a splash of 151 bacardi, thinking maybe that might work.

David L
Last edited by David L on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

David L wrote:I don't have any everclear left (found a better use for it), however I do have a splash of 151 bacardi, thinking maybe that might work. Tony, I was under the impression that soundboards don't get pore filled (think I read it somewhere). Who pore fills soundboards and who doesn't and why or why not?

David L

Sorry David. I should have been more specific. I was referring to my all koa guitar on which I did pore fill the soundboard. But you are 100% correct. You would not need to pore fill a spruce, cedar, or other soft wood soundboard since, well, they have no pores to be filled.
I apologize for any confusion I might have caused. I will edit my previous post to correct that.
David L

Post by David L »

Now that you edited your post, I edited my post because my question sounded rather silly after you cleared it up.

David L
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Maybe I should edit my post that comes after your edited post since it no longer refers to the thing it was referring to when I wrote it? All this editing is making my thirsty. I need to get a beer. Better skip out of work now. They frown upon drinking at my desk, but 3 martini lunches are ok because I am out of the office when I drink them. Then I come back and...oh, who am I kidding. I dont come back after those lunches.
David L

Post by David L »

You could have quinched your thirst with everclear had you not used it up as a solvent!

David L
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Good point. Why did you drink all my Everclear?
David L

Post by David L »

Because mine mysteriously "evaporated"!!!

David L
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

That's what happened to mine too! And all of my beer and wine as well!
johnnparchem

Post by johnnparchem »

slightly off topic. I bought a screen protector for my cell phone and it came with a perfect zpoxy pore fill tool. Stiff rubber squeege to move the zpoxy from spot to spot on one side and a flexable curved plastic edge to smoosh the zpoxy into the pores on the other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony_in_NYC

Post by Tony_in_NYC »

Best Buy applies these screens for you. I bet they would hang on to a few if you asked nicely. Good find! Thanks for the heads up!