A New and Easy Way to Reset a Guitar Neck!!

Even if it ain't broke you can still fix it.
Diane Kauffmds

A New and Easy Way to Reset a Guitar Neck!!

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

I found this on YouTube. Apparently, this is the way you correct a guitar that needs a neck reset. I absolutely, HAD to share this with the forum. I'm not sure of the method though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1H4xy52RuM
Last edited by Diane Kauffmds on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Ben-Had

Re: A New and Easy Way to Reset a Guitar Neck!!

Post by Ben-Had »

Actually that is a perfectly acceptable way do do a guitar of that value. I use a similar method to resmove the neck of old Yamahas and then convert it to a bolt-on. The glue used on the 70s yamahas is sometime refereed to as mystery glue and is really hard to loosen.
Tim Benware
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Ben-Had wrote:Actually that is a perfectly acceptable way do do a guitar of that value. I use a similar method to resmove the neck of old Yamahas and then convert it to a bolt-on. The glue used on the 70s yamahas is sometime refereed to as mystery glue and is really hard to loosen.
I never thought of converting to a bolt on!

Thanks!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
JLT

Post by JLT »

If the guitar isn't worth a decent neck re-set, I'd also put in a couple of drywall screws into the heel to fasten it more securely to the heel block. I'd recess the heads and then fill the hole with epoxy putty or whatever, and paint the fill to match the heel as best I could. I'm not sure I'd trust just the glue.

And I can second Ben-Had on the difficulty of softening that Yamaha glue. My first neck reset was on a '70s Yamaha, and it took me hours to get the damn neck off.
B Shuler2006

Post by B Shuler2006 »

I have never seen this method before! LOL
Brandon Shuler
Shuler Guitars