www.KitGuitarsForum.com

Learn to Kit Build a Guitar. Learn to Scratch Build a Guitar. Learn EVERYTHING Guitars Here!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oxford MS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:51 pm 

Hi - visiting my son in Oxford MS and his Simon & Patrick needs fret work and bridge compensation (I think.) Are there any members in the Oxford area who can do this? If not, can anyone suggest a luthier in the area? Failing that, Memphis is workable too. Thanks in advance -

Post subject: Re: Oxford MS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:59 pm 

Stray Feathers wrote:
Hi - visiting my son in Oxford MS and his Simon & Patrick needs fret work and bridge compensation (I think.) Are there any members in the Oxford area who can do this? If not, can anyone suggest a luthier in the area? Failing that, Memphis is workable too. Thanks in advance -

I think most of the members here would not be quite so capable as to diagnose and repair properly, the guitar. However, there are some members who are more than capable. Your task is to separate those who can from those who cannot. Suggest you bite the bullet and send the guitar back to Simon & Patrick for a worry-free solution. I've dealt with a luthier who really should take down his shingle and build birdhouses. It was most unpleasant. Don't make the same mistake I did.