Harmony Soverign H 1260 Saddle

lonecedar959

Harmony Soverign H 1260 Saddle

Post by lonecedar959 »

Hi everyone

I am working on a late 60's Harmony Sovereign H 1260. The saddle needs to be replaced with a bone saddle this pinless bridge has a very shallow saddle slot. It does not look like a drop in saddle will work.

Am I correct in thinking these saddles were glued in? When I pulled this one out it seemed like it was.

Thanks

-Pat
MaineGeezer

Re: Harmony Soverign H 1260 Saddle

Post by MaineGeezer »

By coincidence... I just got finished rebuilding a Harmony Sovereign 1260. Yes, the slot for the saddle is shallow, but I was able to use a slip-fit replacement saddle with no difficulty. You shouldn't need to glue it.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
lonecedar959

Post by lonecedar959 »

Thanks Geezer

So I assume you made that saddle? And when you say "slip fit" you mean "slide in" since the ends of the slot are open?
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Yes, I did a neck reset and had to make a taller saddle. Here's a photo of it;. I made it a 16" radius, but I think it should be about a 14" radius. It's also a bit longer than it needs to be, but it works.

It's a light push fit in the slot; snug enough so there is definitely no looseness, but I can push it in and pull it out with my fingers. I push it in from the top; it's a bit too snug to slide in easily from the side.

It's a 3/32" thick natural bone blank from StewHac. I had to thin it down a bit to fit the slot. 3/32" is a bit too thick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
lonecedar959

Post by lonecedar959 »

Thanks Geezer !!!

That makes it extremely easy.

-Pat