Yamaha FG 730 dent

Ben-Had

Re: Yamaha FG 730 dent

Post by Ben-Had »

B. Howard wrote:CA is one of the few finish repair options for poly that does not require re-finishing the entire surface. Witness marks are generally pretty light, but the crack repair almost always shows as a black line. I use a medium CA for these situations. Apply several thin coats and wait a day between coats. Spray the area with activator before the first coat and let it evaporate off for An hour or so before applying the CA, this will help adhesion and minimize the witness lines. Should be able to wet sand and buff out for a decent looking repair.
I've had good success using the micro-mesh pads with CA and Meguires Scratch X to buff it out. I take the final product to the buffing wheel but I doubt you have one so ending with the Scratch X will yield good results.
Tim Benware
Zen

Post by Zen »

Ben-Had wrote:
B. Howard wrote:CA is one of the few finish repair options for poly that does not require re-finishing the entire surface. Witness marks are generally pretty light, but the crack repair almost always shows as a black line. I use a medium CA for these situations. Apply several thin coats and wait a day between coats. Spray the area with activator before the first coat and let it evaporate off for An hour or so before applying the CA, this will help adhesion and minimize the witness lines. Should be able to wet sand and buff out for a decent looking repair.
I've had good success using the micro-mesh pads with CA and Meguires Scratch X to buff it out. I take the final product to the buffing wheel but I doubt you have one so ending with the Scratch X will yield good results.

Thanks Tim, Is that the same scratch x we use here on cars ? Or is there a woodworking version ?
Cheers
Rusty
RUSTY
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Same stuff.
Tim Benware