Hi From Washington State

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
mike243

Hi From Washington State

Post by mike243 »

Hello all,

I'm Mike243 from Snohomish, WA. I have a couple of Made in Japan (MIJ) acoustic guitars, which are in great shape, but could also probably benefit from neck resets. I also bought a Seagull S6 original a couple of years ago, love it, and that's what I've been using to learn to play.

I'm retired and would like to get a really nice guitar, but that's not going to happen. I started researching kit builds by reading books and guitar forums, watching YouTube videos and such. I was leaning toward getting an LMI kit, and just saw they announced they're going out of business. So I ordered a partial kit with the main pieces and figured I look for the minor pieces over time. This is a forum I added for support and surely advice.

Thanks,
Mike243
Snohomish, WA
Stray Feathers

Re: Hi From Washington State

Post by Stray Feathers »

Welcome Mike - I'm not too far north of you on Vancouver Island. You'll find lots of good advice from friendly people here. Keep us posted on how you're doing, and ask lots of questions! Bruce W.
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

figured I look for the minor pieces over time
John Hall at Blues Creek Guitars is a great resource.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

You shouldn't have any trouble filling in any gaps in what you need.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
mike243

Post by mike243 »

Thanks for the welcoming posts. I've been spending a lot of time reading the forum and other resources. I've seen a lot of good information on here and intend to mine it like gold.

Yes, Bruce, I'm just south of Vancouver Island, but it's a pretty long island, north and south. I've read several of your posts, and I won't be shy about posting if I get stuck.

Mike
Mike243
Snohomish, WA
BlindBo

Post by BlindBo »

Welcome Mike. As others have said, you’ll find lots of good information here and there are lots of folks who share their knowledge freely. Good luck with your project and please keep us posted on your progress.