Hello from San Francisco, CA

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
craftedtherapy

Hello from San Francisco, CA

Post by craftedtherapy »

I'm new to guitar/ukulele building but have been a hand tool worker for over 20 years. Came across forum and wanted to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge contained here.

I'm finishing up a StewMac Baritone Ukulele as my first acoustic instrument. Looking forward to seeing where this takes me.

Cheers
jread

Re: Hello from San Francisco, CA

Post by jread »

Welcome to KGF. You've come to right place. You'll find a great group of folks here. We like questions and pictures! Looking forward to seeing where it takes you as well.
TEETERFAN

Post by TEETERFAN »

Welcome aboard!! This is a fantastic forum with tons if knowledge and experience that is generously shared by all. You’ll learn lots and be fascinated by all the solutions to problems and techniques to build your skills. Enjoy!
Kevin Doty
Kansas City
carld05

Post by carld05 »

Welcome to another Californian! I've learned a lot from this forum over the years. Be sure to check the archives for answers to questions you might have.
MaineGeezer

Post by MaineGeezer »

Don't be afraid to ask what seem to be stupid questions. We've all done boneheaded things and the chance to answer a "stupid" question is a way of reassuring ourselves that we aren't quite as stupid as we used to be....maybe.
Don't believe everything you know.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
When things are bad, try not to make them any worse, because it is quite likely they are bad enough already. - French Foreign Legion
rcnewcomb

Post by rcnewcomb »

Welcome! I'm just down the road in San Jose. Likewise I'm working on a uke at the moment.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
JLT

Post by JLT »

And I'm in Sacramento. So if you're planning to visit my town, drop me a line at jlatorre@dragonwing.biz and we'll meet.
BlindBo

Post by BlindBo »

Welcome! I’m fairly new too and have found a lot of really good advice here.
I too started building SM dulcimers and ukes on my kitchen counter using bricks for “gravity clamps”. Wasn’t long before I was ordering OOO and OM kits.
Once this bug bites you, the “rabbit hole” has no bottom!!😂😂
Now days, when the UPS/FedEx truck arrives, my wife just shakes her head and goes back to her garden. The upside, which we both recognize, is that I’m not hanging out at the pool hall!!!👹

Enjoy your new hobby!