Hello from Michigan

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
rcnewcomb

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by rcnewcomb »

Built my first from a Martin kit and it's a darn good guitar.
My first kit build was an OM-18 style. While the form and fit wasn't as good as my first Matin, a 000-18, it actually sounds better, and I think I get more pleasure playing it because I built it myself.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out - another good day in the shop
guycalleddave

Post by guycalleddave »

rcnewcomb wrote:
My first kit build was an OM-18 style. While the form and fit wasn't as good as my first Matin, a 000-18, it actually sounds better, and I think I get more pleasure playing it because I built it myself.
thanks for the sentiment, I hope to be able to agree with you sometime soon on a personal level.
So long and thanks for all the fish.
Skarsaune

Post by Skarsaune »

guycalleddave wrote:
rcnewcomb wrote:
thanks for the sentiment, I hope to be able to agree with you sometime soon on a personal level.
Mine’s a D-28-ish dread. Played two three hour gigs with it this weekend (outdoors, distanced).
There’s not much better than playing one you built yourself.
Kbore

Post by Kbore »

Welcome to the group.
I just replied about my semi-recent first build, but posted the reply to the wrong thread- amazing that I could even build a guitar.

My intended reply to you in is the 2019 thread ~Kid in a Kandy store.

Dream big but plan well and keep your project within what you can reasonably accomplish. You will be eating your own cooking ya know. You can always build another, more complex guitar after you figure out your time/ tool/ cost/ experience limitations. And hold on, it'll be the acoustic ride of your life if you pull the trigger.
Measure Twice,

Karl B
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Welcome. You'll find the people here very helpful.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com