www.KitGuitarsForum.com

Learn to Kit Build a Guitar. Learn to Scratch Build a Guitar. Learn EVERYTHING Guitars Here!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another new guy here...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:05 pm 

Hi. I am from Missouri where the weather changes daily.. I am going to build my first acoustic guitar or at least make a good attempt. I have ordered an Indian Rosewood OOO Kit from Martin guitars..I have built 5 electric guitars. My story starts out as a person trying to learn to play the guitar with no background in music and was not very successful at it, so I thought I would try and build a guitar if I can't play one. I will have question and it looks like this is the place to get honest answers..I have been in a wheelchair for 46 years but has not stopped me from doing anything I put my mind too..
Thanks from Ironsides

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:55 am 

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! Playing a guitar is certainly not a prerequisite for building one. I don't play very well myself, and there are other members who don't necessarily play well. You can still have a good ear for a nice sounding guitar, and the talent to build one, without playing well.

Just relax, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions; we like questions :)