Another Englishman on board

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
stevegullick

Another Englishman on board

Post by stevegullick »

Hi

I live in Stafford in central England. I have wanted to build my own guitar for many years as I have yet to find one that fits me properly. I recently took delivery of a Stewmac 000 kit. Have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the wood, and the full size plan and bracing guide. I am well into the build and am enjoying it immensley.I hope to make some modifications to the neck dimensions in order to fit my hands. It is reassuring to know that this board exists and is peopled by friendly and helpful people. I will no doubt be calling on your services when i get into trouble with it, and, from what I have read so far, it seems that no problem is tottally unsurmountable.

Thanks
tippie53

Re: Another Englishman on board

Post by tippie53 »

happy to have you on board
we are always here to help
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Steve and welcome.
Post pics of your project if you can, we like pictures.

Kevin
Diane Kauffmds

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Welcome Steve. The members of this forum are very helpful. Like you, I was very glad to find a forum geared towards kit guitars, as well as scratch builds. I hope you enjoy the forum.
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
justrfb

Post by justrfb »

Welcome...

Sincerely,
Rich
stevegullick

Post by stevegullick »

Just thought I would update you with the progress of my guitar. The qualityof the stewmac kit is superb. The biggest problem for me has been the improvisation of tools and clamps that are needed. Never knew you could need so many clamping devices! I have just about completed the body, I routed the binding and purfuling channels last night. ( I bought a srewmac router ser for my dremel and it is brilliant). I purchased some tortoiseshell binding that I intend to use.

Whilst I am not working on it, I rest a small speaker on the body and play martin simpson guitar music at it 24 hrs a day in the hope that it msy shorten the playing in time when it is built.

Post by   »

stevegullick wrote:Whilst I am not working on it, I rest a small speaker on the body and play martin simpson guitar music at it 24 hrs a day in the hope that it may shorten the playing in time when it is built.
Led Zeppelin may get you there even more quickly....