Newbie in Washington State

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Jinx1C4

Newbie in Washington State

Post by Jinx1C4 »

Hello all. New guy here. I have been playing guitar for most of my life and I've finally caught the building bug. I'm putting together my tools and plan on purchasing a classical kit soon. I'm originally from Alabama but I've been serving on active duty in the Air Force for the past 22 years.

My real name is Chris. Glad to meet all of you.
Diane Kauffmds

Re: Newbie in Washington State

Post by Diane Kauffmds »

Jinx1C4 wrote:Hello all. New guy here. I have been playing guitar for most of my life and I've finally caught the building bug. I'm putting together my tools and plan on purchasing a classical kit soon. I'm originally from Alabama but I've been serving on active duty in the Air Force for the past 22 years.

My real name is Chris. Glad to meet all of you.
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad to meet a fellow AF Vet. I served active duty from '78-84, then did a couple of years in the reserves. My nephew has made a career in the AF and is currently stationed at Minot. I hope you have fun in the forum and building your kit. The people here are very helpful.

Again, welcome!
Diane Kauffmann
Country Roads Guitars
countryroadsguitars@gmail.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Welcome Chris. I've built 8 steel strings, one crossover, and my next will be the first classical. Perhaps we will be building a the same time. Hope to hear about yours.

Kevin
B. Howard

Post by B. Howard »

Hi Chris.
You never know what you are capable of until you actually try....

Brian Howard
www.brianhowardguitars.com
Taylor authorized service
Custom finishing services

Brian howard's guitar building & repair blog
http://www.brianhowardguitars.com
Phil

Post by Phil »

Welcome to the site! Just be warned, its an addictive hobby. Before you finish building your first guitar, you'll be planning #2, #3, maybe even #4. Or maybe that's just be, I don't know! Enjoy, lots of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people on here!