Hello from England

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
dave66

Hello from England

Post by dave66 »

I live in Gloucestershire, on the border with Wales, in the UK and I've been a professional furniture maker for 34 years. I've had a love affair with guitars and basses for about 50 years and finally got round to making one with a '37 D-28 kit from Blues Creek.

Im fascinated with the technicalities of it all and determine to get it right, so I'm setting the record for the longest time to make a guitar! Finally finished assembling the body last week with just the three mistakes so far, but with a lot of help from John Hall and local Luthier Davidson Instruments, I've got round them.

Just figuring out the neck angle /bridge slot/saddle compensation - I never realised just how complicated acoustic guitars were!

Re: Hello from England

Post by   »

Welcome, Dave. Glad you found your way to the KGF.
-tommy
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Hi Dave
they are a bit more difficult than a bird house but you have to start somewhere. We are here to help. An expert is an amateur that made more mistakes and learned from them till he made about all that he could.

Have fun Share mistakes and successes that is how we all learned.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Dave. Welcome.
If you are so inclined share some pictures of what's on your bench. We'd love to see how it's coming along for you.

Kevin
dave66

Post by dave66 »

Thanks guys. Here's a few pics of the story so far...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.