Intro

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
sailor19

Intro

Post by sailor19 »

Hello from "tugboat"occupational nickname for35 years.I live in the East bay area San Francsco Ca.Small town of Martinez surrounded by bigger cities.Retired Ch.Engr.U.S.Merchant Marine and also sailed on many large commercial fishing vessels world wide.Presently building guitars and Harley Davidson MC's.I have a 45 year old affection for wood and built cabinets and furniture and houses during several sabaticals from sea.Have finally jumped from electric guitars to acoustic and acoustic/electric in the style of Gibson 335's etc.I play fairly often and also jam open mic's when they let me and my buddies borrow the stage ocasionally.Set up a pretty economical studio with amp modelers,8 ch.mixer, midi patch through,and tascam recorder.Still looking for the right software for me.Right now using Audacity,Native Instr.Rig Control 4 and a couple Linux Ubuntu open source programs/apps.I like the layout of this site,and the fact that no one calls any one else a dummy for not knowing something.Once I figure out how to upload photos I'll do that and am open to critiques,my skin is pretty thick.Anyway hello to every body. Tug

Re: Intro

Post by   »

Well now, could not be more appropriate to give you a hearty 'welcome aboard.'
Glad you found your way to the KGF.
-tommy