Hello from Michigan

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Revuaf

Hello from Michigan

Post by Revuaf »

I could start out with the obvious... I'm new :roll:
I have built a few strum sticks and dulcimers... Now I would like to up the game tackle a guitar. NO CLUE what I getting myself into... But, I was thinking of building a classic guitar. I have a Martin D1GT and thought it would be nice to have a classic guitar to learn to play.

Re: Hello from Michigan

Post by   »

Welcome. Glad you found your way to our Forum.

-tommy
David L

Post by David L »

Welcome to the forum man from Michigan. You found the forum now all you need to do is get started!!!

David L
Revuaf

Post by Revuaf »

Thank you for the "Welcome"

I am working my midnight swing... Ready a lot of the forms threads last night... Lots of good info...
Still have run a crossed the thread that talk about which kit would be the best to start out with.
I see there are several to pick from.
But for me first things first... I'm running electrial in my new basement work shop. I start out with ¼ basement on a folding card table for woodcarving and building 3 stumbles from HarpKits. Now the wife is letting take up ½ the basement... WOOT! 24x22 wood shop when finished... All the tools are now stacked up in the corner of the old folding table shop... So my first build will take time to get there...
SO in the mean time... LOTS and LOTS of reading to learning... made a few dumb questions too... :lol:
David L

Post by David L »

The only dumb question is the one that's never asked!!!

David L
majordave

Post by majordave »

I'd go with blues creek. John's got his stuff together and he's got tons of instructional videos. I bought a martin kit before checking around. Wish I could have a do over. Check out blues creek's website