Hi from Dave in England.

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Dave Sayers

Hi from Dave in England.

Post by Dave Sayers »

Hello everyone and I'm glad to join the forum. At the moment I'm on my third acoustic kit build. It's one of the cheaper HPL kits you can buy, and just as well as number 1 had a major flaw when finished, no 2 was better and this one looks better then the other two so I might try a couple of the more expensive kits next. Waiting in the wings I have a Blues Creek Gibson L1 style in figured maple and a Stew Mac OOO. Sadly England is suffering under a split jet stream causing sub zero temperatures and making it pointless to try anything other than building up my stock of jigs and equipment. The date inside build number three on the neck block is 25/nov/2012 and it was 2 days later the sub zero began and is today forecast to carry on until the end of April! Next winter I'll have lots of stuff prepared for finishing and move the work indoors. Still, at least the cold weather meant I could build and trial a binding jig, several body moulds and starting collecting various tools like bending irons to build from scratch.
I also managed to track down a big importer of guitar woods who is happy to deal in small quantities, like two 8' American unplaned Ash planks for making cam clamps, so the time waiting out the snow hasn't been wasted.
I also write Detective fiction for Kindle under the pseudonym Davos Williams, and that usually takes priority as I can sell a book an awful lot of times, although I'm not rich yet. It does help pay for the timber.
I also hate deer. One ran into my car today. That's £200 excess down the tubes. Could have been another lot of timber!

Re: Hi from Dave in England.

Post by   »

Welcome!

-tommy
darren

Re: Hi from Dave in England.

Post by darren »

Welcome Dave - lots of deer here in Wisconsin as well, though I haven't had the pleasure of running into one yet.
Darren