new member intro

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
will simms

new member intro

Post by will simms »

Hello everyone...
My name is will simms and I live in spouth Louisiana.
A search for a diy bending iron led me to this site and,,,wow,
what a wealth of information. I started building guitars a few years back,when I have the time.
Started with a dreadnought kit, top warped and had to start over it, but I still enjoy working with wood and guitars.
Have been playing since I was 12 (I,m 56 now) and though it may sound strange, I enjoy almost all the genres of music
to some degree. Jethro Tull to George Strait and in between. I must state undeniably that I hate rap. Sorry... but
that's my opinion. I own several guitars, 1947 Martin D28, Breedlove Maple cutaway, 2 dobros, 1 pedal steel (inherited from my father)
2 Fender tele's,1 Bill Lawrence Swamp Caster, Ovation Stereo Legend(1976, I think) and a Fender Tele bass.
Looking forward to picking the brains of the well informed as I attempt to build a OOO and a O28vs.

See you on the forums,
Will
It's not over till they close the lid.

Re: new member intro

Post by   »

Hey Will,
Glad you found your way to KGF. Yes, there's a load of info available here and a load of members willing to share.
Post photos of your work whenever possible and feel free to ask, answer, disagree and learn.
-tommy
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

Wilcome Well... I mean Welcome Will. And I hat rap too (maybe it's our age, I'm 59).
Tim Benware

Post by   »

I'm 66 and to me, rap is crap.
And pull up your pants...........

-tommy
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Howdy Will and welcome. Sounds like you are pretty well instrument equipped!
Now take the leap and build one.

Kevin (since you all are giving it up.....just turned 58 here! and I hate rap too - go Aqualung!
tippie53

Post by tippie53 »

Man we is old I am turning 60 this year . Anyone got a spare cane ? How old do you feel ? DEPENDS !
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Ben-Had

Post by Ben-Had »

tippie53 wrote:Man we is old I am turning 60 this year . Anyone got a spare cane ? How old do you feel ? DEPENDS !
Yeah, I hit 60 this year in July. I never knew 60 was so young. PS if you need "DEPENDS" you're too old!!
Tim Benware