Hello From Nashville

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
Mark Oates

Hello From Nashville

Post by Mark Oates »

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello. My father has been talking just about all his life about wanting to build guitars and other instruments, and now that he hit retirement, I managed to spark his brain enough to actually give it a go. So far, I have greatly enjoyed this site, and found so much usefull info its crazy. Anyway, as soon as the shop has most of the tools we need, and we finish his first kit guitar (martin kit) I am sure you will be hearing more from the both of us here. Thanks again for your generous contributions and we look forward possibly contributing what we learn along the way.
tippie53

Re: Hello From Nashville

Post by tippie53 »

welcome to the club. It can be a lot of fun. We are here for sharing information so don't be afraid to ask questions.
have fun and don't be afraid to post pictures.
John Hall
Blues Creek Guitars Inc
Authorized CF Martin Repair Center
president of Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans
http://www.bluescreekguitars.com
Henry Meadows

Post by Henry Meadows »

mark,

Welcome aboard; building with your dad sounds like great fun. I am hoping to get my first guitar finished by the end of this coming weekend. Building has been very pleasing so far. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive and expected much more stress, but I am able to accept less than perfection without much disappointment....still shoot for it though ;-). In summary, I hope you and your dad find the same enjoyment from your efforts; Good luck.

Henry
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hi Mark (and Dad) and welcome.
Don't be shy to show pictures of your building process. We all like to see and we will help along the way if we can

Kevin
Brian Cross

Post by Brian Cross »

Hey Mark,
My name is Brian and I live in the Nashville area. I'm about to start my first build and I'm looking for anyone in our area to share their experience's with. I'm about a month away from starting, a few more tools and I'm ready. Like you're dad I'm close to retirement and have always wanted to do this. The plan is to build one for each of my four kids and hopefully I can get my youngest son invloved. I hope to hear from you soon.

Brian
Darryl Young

Post by Darryl Young »

Welcome to the forum. Don't wait till your done with the kit to ask questions. Ask as issues come up......can save a lot of re-work. Building is fun, taking apart and soing things again isn't as much fun......<smile>
Slacker......