Pierre from Ottawa

New Members, tell us a bit about yourselves
vox_rox

Pierre from Ottawa

Post by vox_rox »

Hello all,

Just peeking in and saying hello. I am a guitarist (beginner really) but am interested in putting together a guitar or two, probably electric, but we'll see what happens after that. Thought that I would check out kits to start to see what works, what doesn't, and if I feel like continuing. Checking around the forum you guys all look like a knowledgeable and friendly bunch, so I may have questions.

Feel free to say hello.

Peace,
Pierre

Re: Pierre from Ottawa

Post by   »

Hello and Welcome!

-tommy
Kevin Sjostrand

Post by Kevin Sjostrand »

Hey Pierre!
Welcome to the forum. We all build guitars, and we all have made plenty of mistakes, that is why we are qualified to help you when you make yours!! Check in with John at Blues Creek Guitars (see tab to the left), he can help you out with a kit selection.

Kevin
vox_rox

Post by vox_rox »

Thanks for the welcome!

I think I already know which kit I'm going to try - it's a Telecaster-style guitar from a place here in Canada called 3G music and sound. It's a cheap kit - simple setup with only 2 pickups, vol., Tone, 3-way switch - so super easy wiring. If it doesn't sound great, I start experimenting with swapping out components. It becomes a learning experience even if I end up with a guitar I don't like. The next one will be better.

If anyone on this forum has dealt with these guys, let me know. They used to be called Gear Gotta Go I think, then changed their name. Any positive stories? Horror Stories?

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I'll be in touch.

Peace,
Pierre